This is specially designed four weeks intensive program in Stockholm, Sweden
- Network Technologies in Fiber Optic Network (09 – 20 Jul 2017)
- Project Management & Optimization for Telecommunications (23 – 27 Jul 2017)
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control for Telecommunications (30 Jul – 03 Aug 2017)
- Specialized Technical & Management Program for Telecom Management ( 09 Jul – 03 Aug 2017 )
This program has been specially designed to provide the latest in technical and management development. Program contents are developed by highly experienced subject matter experts and are uniquely structured based on proven best practices.
The program will provide the participants team building and group learning as well as individual mentoring by accredited technical and management instructors each having vast teaching experience and exceptional understanding of engagement with diversity of target audience. Throughout the program participants will be challenged with interactive exercises and cases from real life experiences to secure best learning practice and knowledge transfer.
In addition, EDUSONS will, beside the instructors, dedicate a Project Manager to enhance and further individualize the learning experience. The Project Manager’s sole role is to secure that the entire program will be a good and strong experience for each and every participant.
The program covers total learning experience ranging from airport transfers, local travel, accommodation, training venue and participants accommodation at same hotel providing convenience and comfort for participants; in addition other events, beside the classroom, are arranged for team building and networking.
1. Network Technologies in Fiber Optic Network
The course provides participants with an introduction to the OSI model and how it is applied to the next generation Fiber Optic Network (FON) covering the main technologies used being WDM (DWDM), Ethernet and MPLS-TP. The participants will get familiarized with each technology and get an understanding how and why it is used in the FON.
Once the technologies are understood the course will progress into the network design part where Access, Metro and Core network design is introduced. OTN, ROADM and Ethernet solutions will be presented and the impact of dispersion, optical Amplifiers and optical power balancing in network design will be thoroughly explained.
- OSI model overview
- Layer 1: WDM networks
- Layer 2: Ethernet
- Layer 2.5: MPLS-TP protocol overview
- Access, Metro and Core Network design
To get a thorough theoretical understanding and practical hands on experience of the following parts:
OSI Model Overview
Layer 1: WDM networks
- Single channel optical transmission vs WDM
- WDM system building blocks (Client system, Transponder, Optical filter)
- Key components and their properties:
- Optical receiver and laser (limiting optical parameters, pluggable optics, encodings, coherence) fiber (attenuation, multimode vs singlemode, chromatic dispersion, polarization mode dispersion, fiber hygiene),
- Optical amplifiers
- Optical filters
- DWDM vs CWDM
- Transmission distance limits
- 3R regeneration
- Flexible optical networks: ROADM
- OTN standard overview
Layer 2: Ethernet
- Ethernet protocol overview (frame format, Vlan tags, CoS)
- Metropolitan Ethernet Forum (MEF) and Carrier Ethernet (CE)
- MEF service types: E-Line, E-LAN och E-Tree
- Bandwidth profiling
- Ethernet OAM
- Ethernet Ring Protection Switching (ERPS) protocol overview
Layer 2.5: MPLS-TP protocol overview
- WDM Design introduction
- Access Networks
- Metro and Core Networks
- Ethernet Solutions
- OTN Solutions
- Dispersion in network design
- Optical Amplifier Design
- Optical power balancing
- ROADM solutions
Number of Participants
2. Project Management & Optimization for Telecommunications
The course provides fundamental knowledge on project management for telecommunication professionals. Successful project management requires both theoretical and practical competences in numerous areas; organization, planning, leadership, strategy and financial management, among others. This course package has been tailored specifically after these requirements in order to develop a program with the ability to educate Product Managers and give them tools to improve and optimize their daily operations and productivity.
- XLPM (PROPS) for Project Members
- Project Planning & Control
- Project Finance
XLPM (PROPS) for Project Members
- To understand the project work form and culture.
- To grasp the projects manager’s role in a multi-project organization.
- To be able to use the XLPM project management methodology.
Project Planning & Control
- To understand and be able to develop effective planning strategies.
- To master the driving principles of project planning and control.
- To enable an integration of risk valuation and risk management into daily operations.
- To familiarize the participant with Earned Value Management and enable him to apply it on his day-to-day tasks.
- To understand basic financial concepts and common financial key figures.
- To be able to perform and practice cost budgeting and forecasts, and to set up an accrual budget.
- To enable the use of accurate terminology, the understanding of financial and accounting data, and the application of profitability analysis in projects.
Number of Participants
3. Quality Assurance and Quality Control for Telecommunications
The course provides extensive and fundamental knowledge on Total Quality Management & Business Performance for telecommunication organizations. How to practice financial controlling through undertaking activities focused on demonstrating the accuracy and precision of operations. Also covering the importance of a broader plan for maintaining quality in all aspects of the business in order to develop a program with the ability to educate trainee in quality assurance and provide the tools to improve and optimize the daily operations and productivity.
- Strategic planning based on Balanced Scorecard (BSC)
- Total Quality Management & Quality Management System
- Business Process Management
- Monitoring & Measurement tools and techniques
- Root Cause Analysis tools
- Internal Quality Audit tools & techniques
Strategic planning based on Balanced Scorecard (BSC)
- To translate vision and strategy into your performance management system
- To effectively communicate strategic intent throughout your company
- To manage cross-functional process performance
- To identify improvements that will impact corporate success
Total Quality Management & Quality Management System
- To understand TQM v/s QM
- To understand the principles and the practices of Quality management;
- Learn how to apply the newest version of ISO 9001:2008 standard to your organizations;
- Understand how to implement a Quality management system conforming to ISO 9001 standard.
Business Process Management
- Learn how to align BPM to your strategies and develop a visual description of business processes (process map) and use a process-based approach:
- To find and fix BPM problems quickly
- To drive and adapt to change
- To keep your people involved
- To understand BPM as a foundation for continuous improvement.
- To understand and be able to define integrated business process model, tightly aligned to your organization business goals.
Monitoring & Measurement tools and techniques
- To introduce Indicator Development
- To understand what Performance Indicators is?
- To understand and use Key Elements in Implementing a System for Performance Measurement
- Know how to monitor performance?
- To understand and use KPI’s analysis techniques
Root Cause Analysis tools
- To understand the concept of root cause analysis
- To use and understand tools for problem cause brainstorming
- To develop strategies for problem cause data collection and analysis
- To be able to deploy tools for root cause identification and elimination
Internal Quality Audit tools & techniques
- To introduce Internal Quality Audit
- To understand Audit Process - PDCA cycle (role-playing)
- To understand Auditor-Auditee Relation
- Understand the importance of communication & reporting
- To understand and use ISO 19011:2011 requirements for internal auditor qualification
Number of participants