Telecommunications industry is driven by rapid changes in the technologies, the industry is ever evolving with latest products and services. Consumers’ demands are complex leading to new business challenges.
This course is designed to provide participants opportunity to enhance their knowledge of technical and business environment of telecommunication. The course will examine telecommunication evolution from introduction to technologies, network architecture, licenses and standards, services and applications, commercial benefits of 3G to 5G.
Candidates should expect to gain competences in the following areas after successful completion of training:
- - Understand commercial aspects of 3G/HSPA/LTE/4G/5G and list their key benefits.
- - Describe 3G/HSPA/LTE/4G/5G license and standards.
- - Explain high-level 3G/HSPA/LTE/4G/5G network architecture.
- - Explain why 3G/HSPA/LTE/4G/5G interworking is important and examine impact on Operators.
- - Describe data services and applications
- - Lists the advantages and disadvantages to existing technologies
- - List some major Operators case studies on handling the Next Generation Technology.
- - Introduction to 3G:
- - What is 3G? Mobile History/ Why 3G? Data Network Evolution
- - 3G Network Overview:
- - Architecture, Nodes, Signaling
- - WCDMA Capacities :
- - Scrambling, Channelization, Frequency
- - 3G License & Standards:
- - A brief description on the 3G License and Standards used to implement UMTS technology
- - HSPA System Technics:
- - Evolution of HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA
- - Introduction to LTE:
- - What is 4G? Why 4G? Data Network Evolution
- - LTE Network Overview:
- - Architecture, Nodes, Signaling of EPS and EPC
- - OFDMA principle and benefits:
- - Overview on the LTE technology mechanism
- - LTE License & Standards:
- - A brief description on the 4G Licence and Standards
- - IMS introduction:
- - What is IMS? Components / Signaling
- - Interworking of IMS with Legacy Generations:
- - Backbone and Backhaul solution
- - Handover:
- - VoLTE:
- - The need of VoLTE, Application, License, HW
- - SRVCC:
- - Why SRVCC, what is SRVCC, Needed Implementation
- - Cell Types:
- - Macro, Micro, Pico, femtocell
- - GAN and WIFI:
- - Mesh networks description, Services of WIFI, Hotspots
- - Quality of Services:
- - Classes, Applications evolution within different Generations, Bearer Differentiation
- - Handsets:
- - UE Category Classes, Smartphones Penetration, Markets
- - Mobile Applications and Services:
- - Change of Customer behavior, Operator Platform
- - 5G Theory:
- - The need for 5G, Evolution of customer target
- - What to expect from 5G:
- - Coverage, Technology, Antennas, Transmission, Relaying, Bandwidth
- - Business Cases:
- - Interworking of Next Generations with Legacy and their effect on Operators
- - Beyond 5G:
- - Transformation of the Telecom behavior towards Robotics and Automation
This course is suitable for engineers, technicians and managers working in telecommunication organization.